04.Technical University of Ostrava
The Technical University of Ostrava (or Vysoká škola báňská – Technická univerzita Ostrava in Czech) is a university (polytechnics) located in the city of Ostrava, Moravian-Silesian Region, Czech Republic.
The institution was founded on 23 January 1849 as the Mining Academy in Příbram. In 1894 it was promoted to university status and in 1904 it was renamed to Vysoká škola báňská. In 1945 it was moved to Ostrava, then the centre of Czechoslovak mining industry.
Today the university has a total of about 20,000 students and consists of the following seven faculties:
Faculty of Economics (Czech: Ekonomická fakulta – EkF) Faculty of Civil Engineering (Czech: Fakulta stavební – FAST) Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (Czech: Fakulta strojní – FS) Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (Czech: Fakulta elektrotechniky a informatiky – FEI) Faculty of Mining and Geology (Czech: Hornicko-geologická fakulta – HGF) Faculty of Metallurgy and Material Engineering (Czech: Fakulta materiálově-technologická – FMT) Faculty of Safety Engineering (Czech: Fakulta bezpečnostního inženýrství – FBI)